BioEdge is a weekly newsletter about cutting-edge bioethical issues. Based in the Southern Hemisphere but speaking to the world, BioEdge is completely independent. It is designed and maintained by volunteers and financed by supporters and contributors. It is published by New Media Foundation, which also publishes MercatorNet, a website promoting human dignity. These are our aims:
* to promote human dignity as the foundation of bioethics
* to promote evidence-based ethics in medicine
* to show that medical excellence is not possible without ethical principles
* to provide high-quality, up-to-date information
* to facilitate the participation of health professionals in policy debates
- How long can you put off seeing the doctor because of lockdowns? - December 3, 2021
- House of Lords debates assisted suicide—again - October 28, 2021
- Spanish government tries to restrict conscientious objection - October 28, 2021
‘The Right to Build Families Act’ will protect the US IVF industry
“The Right to Build Families Act”, introduced into the US Senate late last year, has flown under the radar but...
medical journals and climate change
More than 200 medical journals from around the world have written an open letter demanding that governments stop climate change....
Biden mandates vaccination of 100 million American workers
US President Joe Biden is mandating the vaccination of 100 American million workers. In a forceful speech on Thursday, he...
Vitamin D clinical trial for kids may be unethical
Could be a manifestation of structural racism A University of Pittsburgh clinical trial on the effects of Vitamin D on...
Brain organoids grow rudimentary eyes
Challenging research involving human induced pluripotent stem cells Brain organoids with optic cups at day 60 of development. (Gabriel et...
Bioethicist could be next head of FDA
Ezekiel Emanuel is being floated as the Biden Administration’s choice The name of controversial bioethicist Ezekiel Emanuel is being floated...